Monday, July 24, 2017

Evan Sayet on Trump: "He Fights"

This is a very good "Compare and Contrast" type of article. My thoughts are that Trump had to fight and defeat the existing GOP establishment first then take on the Democrats and the Clinton election war machine, including the main stream media. So now, having won the election, he is trying to govern against the established GOP and the Democrats in congress. Oh and the Mainstream media and members of the prior administration as well. No wonder the gloves came off early in the campaign and remain off. 

My biggest fear with a Trump presidency was would he be able to govern effectively. I thought the obstacles to accomplish that would be his CEO ego and thinking he was the boss of a large corporation. Boy was I wrong. I see none of that. I see a President who split the GOP on the way to his nomination and a President who defeated the Liberal and Progressive media darling Hillary Clinton in a stunning defeat. And boy are they pissed. Now fighting not only the war of public opinion, with the help of the media, he is fighting against his own party the GOP, the entrenched Democrats and the powers that be in all the federal government departments that hate all things MAGA. Just my take on things. Time will tell who wins in the long run.

"So, to my friends on the Left – and the #NeverTrumpers as well -- do I wish we lived in a time when our president could be “collegial” and “dignified” and “proper”?  Of course I do.   These aren’t those times.  This is war.  And it’s a war that the Left has been fighting  without opposition for the past 50 years.

So, say anything you want about this president – I get it, he can be vulgar, he can be crude, he can be undignified at times.  I don’t care.  I can’t spare this man.  He fights."

No comments:

Post a Comment